Estimated time: 10 minutes
It's super easy to get started - In this guide we show you how to get started using Uniqkey!
How to install Uniqkey
If your desktop app and browser extension are not preinstalled on your computer, you can go directly to step 3. If not, start at step 1, which describes the installation process.
The installation consists of three parts
- Activation and, if applicable, Installing desktop app
- Download mobile app
- Install browser extension and connect with smartphone
You'll need your computer, welcome email, and smartphone to perform the installation.
Uniqkey Installation and Activation
- Go to Uniqkey's website and download the desktop app.
- Click Setup at the bottom left corner of your browser. For the pop-up window (Windows 10), press 'more information' and 'run anyway' to install the app.
- Open the desktop app and press the 'Enable' button.
- Activate your user with your email address as well as the activation code you received in the Uniqkey welcome email. Then tap 'Next'.
- Select a Master Code. It is important that you choose a difficult code and that you remember the code. When you meet the requirements for a strong Master Code, press 'Next'.
- You can now choose to import passwords you've saved to your browser by pressing 'Import'. When the button turns green, your passwords have been imported into Uniqkey.
Before you can complete the installation, you must download Uniqkey's mobile app. See next step.
Download Uniqkey's mobile app
- With your smartphone, scan the QR code in the desktop app. Alternatively, search for Uniqkey in the iOS App Store or Google Play Store. Download the app.
- Open Uniqkey on your Smartphone and select 'Pair with desktop app'.
- On your smartphone, you now see a six-digit code. You must enter this code in the desktop app on your computer.
- On your smartphone, you must now make a password. You'll need this code when you want to open the app in the future. The code must be entered twice. You can then connect fingerprints or facial recognition.
You have now set up your smartphone and must complete the process on your computer.
Install Uniqkey's browser extension
- In your desktop app, you've reached the 'Install browser extension' page. Click the button to open your browsers on the installation page. Install Uniqkey's browser extension here. Press 'Install'.
- Choose your own settings or Uniqkey's recommended settings. Tap 'Approve settings' and then 'Yes thank you' to authenticate your browser settings. Connect your browser and smartphone by scanning the QR code with your QR scanner in Uniqkey's mobile app.
- Connect your browser and smartphone by scanning the QR code with your QR scanner in Uniqkey's mobile app.
When you're done with the installation, we recommend that you click the puzzle piece in the right corner of your browser and find Uniqkey. Press the pin to see Uniqkey's extension in your browser. You're ready to use Uniqkey when you sign in to your cloud services.
You are now ready to use Uniqkey when you sign in to your cloud services.